Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to your questions about renting portable toilets from Texas Outhouse for our customers in the Greater Houston area and throughout Texas.
WHY SHOULD I RENT PORTABLE TOILETS?
We recommend renting portable toilets for construction jobs, demolition projects, residential/homebuilding projects, roadway projects, business purposes, and special events. Renting portable toilets for construction-related projects will provide your construction workers and managers with a facility to utilize while on-site. Renting portable toilets for special events will provide your guests, staff, and support personnel with a clean, sanitary facility to utilize when an indoor facility is inaccessible.
HOW MANY PORTABLE TOILETS DO I NEED?
- For construction jobs: In order to meet OSHA guidelines for the work site, it is recommended that you provide one restroom for every 10 full-time workers. This ratio can become complicated if you have fluctuations in the workforce during each phase of the project, such as the use of temporary workers or contractors for a full-time period of time. The best practice is to count the number of total workers performing full-time work at any given time.
- For special events: We base this calculation on the number of expected guests and the length of time for the event. We recommend utilizing our Special Events Port-a-Can calculator and reading this blog for more insight on how to calculate the number of portable toilets to rent for a special event.
WHERE ARE THE PORTABLE TOILETS PLACED?
- For construction jobs: We will work with your team to place the portable toilet(s) in an appropriate location. Our goal is to create convenient access for workers, but not to compromise safety or to create roadblocks. We will continue to work with your team throughout the duration of the project to move the portable toilets to new locations as you complete each phase of the project.
We recommend that your team never moves the portable units on their own. Please contact us to request the portable toilets be relocated. Also, our trucks must be able to access the portable toilets in order to service the units on the set schedule.
- For special events: We will survey the venue and available space to determine the ideal location to place the portable toilet(s). In order to create convenient access for guests and other users, we will focus on where to place the portable toilets near common areas, entrance and exit locations, and other strategic areas at the venue.
WHERE DOES TEXAS OUTHOUSE PROVIDE SERVICE?
We are based in Houston, Texas, near Downtown Houston. To maintain our industry-leading turnaround rate, we focus on renting portable toilets to customers in the Greater Houston area:
- Downtown Houston
- The Galleria area
- Memorial/Spring Branch
- The Energy Corridor in West Houston out to Katy
- East Houston to Baytown
- North Houston to Spring, The Woodlands, Cypress, and Tomball
- South Houston to Sugar Land, Pearland, and League City
- And all points in between...
We will also extend our reach beyond the Greater Houston area to South Texas and other parts of Texas for special requests. Please inquire with our customer service team for special requests.
WHY SHOULD I RENT PORTABLE TOILETS FROM TEXAS OUTHOUSE?
We are the right-size portable toilet supplier for construction and special events in the Greater Houston area. We are not too large to where you need to wait for service delivery and we are not too small where you need to wait for portable toilet units to become available.
We have hundreds of portable toilet units ready to be dispatched to your location from our centrally-located facility. We also proudly offer 24/7 customer service to quickly handle your request, set a delivery schedule, and dispatch units to your location.
Once portable toilet units are delivered to your location, we continue to service the portable toilets on your schedule. We keep the portable toilets clean, safe, and sanitary for prolonged use at the site or event. We then remove the portable toilets from your location at the desired time.
WHAT SAFETY MEASURES DOES TEXAS OUTHOUSE TAKE?
Safety is of utmost importance to our company. Our teams meet daily to discuss safety procedures, we apply our safety commitment at each location, and we hold ourselves accountable for creating a safe environment. When we deliver portable toilets to your site or event, we will work with your team to ensure safe placement and usage. Our team will wear appropriate PPE equipment and follow safety protocols while on-site.
We are proud to hold the following safety credentials:
- J.J. Keller SPOTY recipient
- Smith System certified
- NSC member
- OSHA and DOT trained
WHAT HAPPENS IF A UNIT IS DAMAGED AT MY LOCATION?
Damage rarely occurs because of our safety protocols. However, our standard rental agreement includes provisions to protect both you, as the rentee, and Texas Outhouse, as the renter, in the event of damage to the unit. We also offer a damage waiver program to protect you in the event of a unit being damaged due to unforeseen circumstances (e.g. vandalism, theft, or accidents). When scheduling a rental, talk to our customer service team or your sales representative about the cost of coverage.
HOW FAR IN ADVANCE DO I NEED TO SCHEDULE SERVICE?
For most common purposes, we recommend calling ahead a few days in advance of when you need portable toilets delivered to your location. For example, if you have a weekend job or a weekend event, call us on Monday or Tuesday to coordinate delivery.
For larger jobs or major special events that require a significant number of portable toilets, we recommend calling ahead one month in advance of the event. This way, we can coordinate our units, drivers, and available trucks to deliver the portable toilets.
WHAT FORMS OF PAYMENT DO YOU TAKE?
We accept major credit cards such as MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express. When you call our customer service team to schedule delivery, we will coordinate with you on how to make payment.
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL FEES?
Additional fees may apply, please refer to our Fee Disclosure page or contact us for further information.