As an event planner in Texas, there are some important situations you need to factor into your event plan. Specifically, restroom access. Does the event venue have working restrooms, or will you need to provide portable restrooms for attendees, staff, and guests?
If you determine that you need to include portable restrooms in your event plan, then you may have questions about whether there are legal requirements for toilets at events. Each municipality in Texas has its own rules and regulations for local events, so be sure to check local government websites for specific requirements, but we will strive to answer your general question to help you be better prepared.
Need immediate access to portable restrooms for an event in Texas? Call us right away at 713-785-8050!
General Texas Event Requirements for Toilets At Events
Let’s start with the basics of holding an event in Texas. If you are planning a special event on public property, then you may be required to have a permit. In Texas, a permit is required if:
- You anticipate 50 or more people to attend per day at a city facility (excluding certain community centers).
- The event will affect access to a city street, sidewalk, alley, walkway, etc.
- You will be putting up large temporary structures such as tents, stages, or fences.
- There will be sound equipment that is operated outside of a fully-enclosed space.
- You will be providing a significant amount of food and beverages.
Do any of these situations apply to you? If so, then in addition to obtaining a permit, we also recommend that you rent portable toilets for an event of this size.
There is an additional consideration that may apply to your event. If you are planning an event that is work-related and there are no accessible toilets at the work setting, then you should also aim to meet the OSHA requirements for providing safe and sanitary restroom solutions for employees.
- For 20 people or less, 1 toilet is required.
- For 20 people or more, 1 toilet seat and 1 urinal are required per 40 workers.
- For 200 people or more, 1 toilet seat and 1 urinal are required per 50 workers.
- If 1 or more attendees are considered handicapped, at least 1 restroom must be wheelchair accessible or ADA compliant.
Portable Toilet Best Practices at Special Events
Even if you are not required by law to provide restrooms at your event, as a good host or planner, it is still a good idea to offer this service to increase attendee satisfaction.
Think about the venue or outdoor location. Where is the closest public restroom? Who is attending? How old are the expected attendees? Will they be bringing children? Will you be serving individuals with special restroom requirements, e.g. handicap access?
Think about the answers to these questions, and what this means for meeting restroom needs. As you consider your options, some important things to keep in mind are:
- Toilets should provide privacy, be separated by gender, and have a lockable door.
- The closest restroom should be within reasonable walking distance.
- Toilets should be regularly cleaned and stocked to meet proper sanitation standards.
- The ability to wash hands with soap and water should be provided.
- Lighting and ventilation should be provided.
- Hand towels or air blowers should be provided for the convenience of your guests.
- Trash cans should be available for the disposal of hand towels and other products.
We Can Help Support Your Event Needs in Texas
As a leading portable toilet provider in Texas, we will work with you to understand all of the requirements for events. We’ll also help you select the ideal portable toilets for your event. These portable toilets are very popular for events:
- Standard Portable Toilets
- Deluxe Portable Toilets
- Women’s Portable Toilets
- Wheelchair Accessible Portable Toilets
Plus, we will help you plan for where to place the toilets on-site so that they are accessible, but not in the way. It’s an important balance, and our experts can help you make that determination.
Overall, we aim to provide the ideal portable restroom rental to support your special event. We back our service by focusing on safety and health. Our portable toilets are cleaned, sanitized, and serviced on a regular basis to ensure a safe experience for each user.
– Give us a call today at 713-785-8050 to discuss where the event is taking place, the nature of the event, and how many guests you expect to serve. We’ll also help answer any questions regarding portable restroom rentals and the legal requirements for toilets at events.