If you’re a construction manager looking to increase construction efficiency for your projects, we have some helpful advice from our team of experts!
Our team would like to share some tips on what can help you stay within budget, meet your timeline, and promote safety — while also ensuring the quality of work doesn’t fall by the wayside. Keep reading for three essential ways that project managers can improve construction efficiency and ensure the satisfaction of your client.
Keys to Improving Construction Efficiency at the Job Site
Our keys to efficient construction projects can be boiled down to a collaborative work environment, having the right materials at the right time, and forming strong partnerships.
1. Team Management
Your crew’s productivity is vital to ensure that you get the job done the way it should be. As a project manager, it’s up to you to rally a dependable team and set them up for success. You can do this by:
- Communicate the scope of the project clearly to each team.
- Establish who is responsible for what tasks.
- Focus on how your team will execute the construction plan as best as possible.
- Set realistic goals, making sure the work and timeline are fair to the team.
- Establish performance metrics (KPIs) to keep everyone on track.
- Reward workers regularly to keep them motivated.
- Practice active listening to ensure that all concerns are promptly addressed.
- Provide thorough training to the team as needed.
- Have an organized system to keep track of material usage and needs.
- Make sure everyone is on the same page about the end goal.
2. Essential Materials & Safety
We recognize that a significant part of managing the construction project is procuring and providing all of the necessary tools, equipment, and materials that will be required for the job. There is also an important safety element of ensuring your team is equipped to follow safety procedures. Here are some examples of how to ensure access to essential materials and promote the safe use of tools and equipment that will set up your team for success.
- Establish clear OSHA safety guidelines that are kept on-site and easily accessible.
- Test, update, and check the equipment every day.
- Incorporate a method to manage the waste. We recommend renting a roll-off dumpster through Gainsborough Waste.
- Utilize construction project management software to support communication and keep the project on track.
- Provide meal breaks at the job site.
- Provide clean, sanitary portable toilets from Texas Outhouse that meet OSHA requirements.
- Provide your crew with access to handwash stations to support their health and safety, reducing the frequency of workers having to call out sick during the project.
3. Dependable Help
It’s tempting to try to handle every aspect of the construction project yourself. Perhaps you have been burned by subcontractors or other partners in the past that were not as helpful as you would have liked.
However, turning to experienced and proven professionals such as our team at Texas Outhouse will help you become more efficient and take some responsibility off your plate. Our team of seasoned waste professionals help local project managers all over the Greater Houston area increase construction efficiency. You can come to us for any of the following:
- Meeting OSHA safety and sanitation requirements for your specific project.
- Portable toilets for small-to-medium construction teams.
- Portable restroom trailers for larger construction teams.
- Handwashing stations, soap, sanitizer, toilet paper, and paper towels.
- Eye washing stations and emergency showers.
- Guidance on the ideal location for restrooms.
- And more mobile restroom solutions for the construction site.
Find a Solution to Support Construction Efficiency
We can assist with the various requirements and aspects of your construction project. Whether you need portable toilets, handwash stations, or an expert to discuss construction project needs, our team is available to provide you with the right solution.
Take your construction efficiency to the next level with support from Texas Outhouse! We can provide you with key insights from our 25+ years of experience supporting construction projects in Houston. You can also gain access to a group of professionals in our company that care about helping you get the job done faster without having to cut corners.
Call 713-785-8050 to find a partner you can count on to support your construction job. You can also contact us through our website or email [email protected] to find timely support. We look forward to supporting you!