Spring is here, which means many events are moving outdoors for guests to enjoy pleasant weather while creating a new memory with family and friends.
Perhaps you’re planning one of these 25 most popular events in the Greater Houston area and you need to rent portable toilets for the outdoor events on your schedule.
It’s a good idea to consider how many portable restrooms you need for the event to maintain the comfort of guests in attendance.
Even the most seasoned event planner needs a refresher on how to determine the right number of portable toilets for outdoor events, especially if your recent events have taken place indoors.
How to Calculate the Ideal Number of Portable Restrooms
There are key variables to consider when determining your selection of portable toilets. Consider the most important variables:
- How many guests are you planning to serve?
- How long will the event last?
- Is there an indoors facility adjacent to the outdoors area?
- What is the size of the venue or area?
- Is the event mostly for men, women, or a mix?
- Do you have special requests, such as ADA compliant portable restrooms?
The answers to these questions will help you start the process of calculating the ideal number of portable toilets for the outdoors event. Then, you can narrow down to a reasonable estimate of how many portable toilets you will need.
Break Down by Hours and Guests
For a 5-hour event:
- 0-200 guests for 5 hours: we recommend 2 portable toilets
- 200-500 guests for 5 hours: we recommend 4 portable toilets
- 500-1000 guests for 5 hours: we recommend 6 portable toilets
- 1,000-2,000 guests for 5 hours: we recommend 12 portable toilets
For an 8-hour event:
- 0-200 guests for 8 hours: we recommend 3 portable toilets
- 200-500 guests for 8 hours: we recommend 4 portable toilets
- 500-1000 guests for 8 hours: we recommend 7 portable toilets
- 1,000-2,000 guests for 8 hours: we recommend 14 portable toilets
For a 10-hour event:
- 0-200 guests for 10 hours: we recommend 3 portable toilets
- 200-500 guests for 10 hours: we recommend 5 portable toilets
- 500-1000 guests for 10 hours: we recommend 7 portable toilets
- 1,000-2,000 guests for 10 hours: we recommend 14 portable toilets
Our break down is approximate in nature. Actual numbers could vary based upon the additional variables and factors for your specific event.
Additionally, if your outdoor event is expected to exceed 2,000 guests, we recommend contacting our Customer Service team to discuss in further detail the nature of the outdoor event so that we can provide the right solution for your event.
To get started, use our handy Special Event Portable Restroom calculator!
Ready to Serve Your Outdoor Event Needs
Whether you’re planning a wedding, fair, concert, race, sporting event, performance, company picnic, corporate gathering, church gathering, rally, festival, or any other exciting outdoor event this spring, you can count on Texas Outhouse to support you with the ideal number of portable restrooms.
We’ll strategize the ideal number of portable restrooms, deliver them to the venue or location on your schedule, service the portable toilets, and remove them when needed.
For an accurate estimate on the number of portable restrooms to rent from Texas Outhouse, please contact us today. Call 713-785-8050 for immediate support, complete the contact form on our website, or email email@example.com.